  • Subject: Re: Query Performance
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:09:30 -0500

Whenever you run a Query or hit F5 while developing it, it uses the command
RUNQRY.
If you do a CHGCMD RUNQRY  ALLOW(.....) and drop *INTERACT that will stop them
cold
from running queries interactively, unless they are in a program.

I thought about duplicating the RUNQRY command to call a program that will do
the
TFRJOB, CHGJOB or some governor, and then execute the IBM RUNQRY command.  I've
not
figured out the parameters for a query currently under development.

One thing I've noticed, that if I do the CHGCMD thing then I have to exit Query
and
restart it for it to take effect.  I am guessing that IBM checks the command
options
when you do the WRKQRY command to see if they will allow you to use F5.  So
maybe they
don't actually use the RUNQRY when you are in WRKQRY, they just check it on
start.

Keep in mind.  If you cripple the 400 tools that you have control over, then
the users
will demand GUI tools that you have less control over.

jsilberberg@mindspring.com on 03/22/99 10:41:47 AM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet