  • Subject: Re: CUDS in San Francisco and after
  • From: Leo Lefebvre <leo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:14:20 -0500

Andrew,

Staying in a different hotel than the CUDS hotel, because of the heavy rain on Monday night and because of the boring CUDS prior to San Francisco, we stayed in our hotel on Monday night. We 'hit' CUDS only on Wednesday night.....to find it much better.... we came back on Thursday!

Congratulation and thanks to Andrew and Melanie!

Here is my point, John suggests that CUDS and Expo be closer together. I would suggest that on Day-0 the so-called "expo reception" be combined with the first CUDS of the week. I don't think we ever had a CUDS on Day-0.

In San Francisco, the expo reception was "pathetic".

Next time, the reception could be started later, maybe 5:30, the food could be available for about one hour and once the expo closes, the group could move to an adjacent room where the CUDS could have its kick-off ceremony.

More people would be aware of the "benefits" of CUDS and may have more repeats throughout the rest of the week.

This first CUDS of the week could be sponsored by few vendors (specially that many vendors would certainly "hang around" for the evening). This Day-0 CUDS does not have to be extended to Midnight. 9:00PM (or 10:00PM) would be fine.

Just a thought!

John Earl wrote:

Andrew,

Cuds was much more lively than in recent memory, nice work.  I still think that
Cuds and the Expo should be side by side.  It could help draw new people to both
events.

jte

--

Leo Lefebvre