I've worked with Seagull's GUI/400  and J Walk products for about a year
now.
gui/400 supports various means of connection to the 400 and the run time
system can be installed directly on a pc or on a server for client access.
jwalk has a server that is installed on the 400, then with tcp/ip and the
java client scheme, all you need is a browser on a pc running win95 > or a
mac.  only Netscape and IE work and on the 400 you need risc, v3r7 >.
both need a license manager on the 400, cisc or risc.
the development environment is the virtually the same for both products.
the java client does not support the graphs that you are able to build if
you use the non-java versions.
it helps if your 400 application screens are standardized.  it's important
to agree on general window panel design and processing up front.
they also offer direct file access to files on the 400.  so you can build a
windows panel unrelated to any green screen and directly access files.  this
is fairly new and i haven't had a chance to play or read too much yet.
you can do some pretty slick things with either tool.

Bill M
Extol Inc
I have no interest in Seagull other than usage of the products and all this
is of course my opinion only.