  • Subject: AW: MSGSQL0601 on an SQL CLOSE statement
  • From: Wiesmayr Rudolf <Rudolf.Wiesmayr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:03:43 +0100

Hi David!

Just to be sure: You are current with PTFs, especially SF9910x?

40404040 i.e. Blanks looks like damaged variables, in this case
an internal pointer in the database routines' area.
Maybe it was your program. Watch out.

But sometimes its the database itself who gets crazy.
So try a search in the APAR database
http://as400service.rochester.ibm.com/as4sde/nas4apar.NSF/b6c9b771e38b5e
a2862564c00079d110?SearchView
using MSGMCH0601 AND your Q* routine name from the crash.

HTH,
Rudi

BTW: I have founded a new mailing list
     to discuss SAP R/3 on AS/400 topics.
     Contact me for further information.
Magistrat Linz, ADV/SB      /\ Fax:     +43 - 0732 / 7070 - 1555
Gruberstrasse 40-42         /\
A-4041 Linz                 /\ http://www.linz.at
A system admin's life is a sorry one.  The only advantage he has
over Emergency Room doctors is that malpractice suits are rare.
On the other hand, ER doctors never have to deal with patients
installing new versions of their own innards!