At 10:24 PM 2/8/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I have a number of AS/400's that all run the same applications, but some of
>them have licensed programs that are not on other systems. I have
>researched the licensed programs that are not on all the systems and feel
>confident that I do not need any of them.
>
>My question is what functionality is provided by the following licensed
>programs  and when should they not be deleted:
>
>       S/36 and S/38 Migration

Migration from the Systems 36 and 38.

>       Example Tools Library

Some good examples here, and they don't take up much space.  The best
examples were removed after V3R1 :-)))

>       *PRV CL Compiler Support

This allows you to create CL programs that will execute in prior releases.
It's not very big.

>       S/36 Migration Assistant

As the name implies, this is a better S/36 Migration Aid, IF you created
your S/36 stuff using normal conventions.  If you deviated from those
conventions, it's not much good.  Again, fairly small.

>       Openness Includes

No clue.

>       Advanced 36

This provides the *M36 environment.

>       Print Services Facility/400

You need this if you do IPDS printing!

>       Locale Source Library

No clue.

>       Object Connect

This is an optional part of OS/400, that is now free (it used to be
chargeable).  It is very important from a multi-system perspective.  It
gives you commands that allow concurrent save from system 1 and restore to
networked system 2, without media, save files or any of that.  A neat part
of the system.  Like anything else that's good about OS/400, IBM tries to
keep this story quiet.

Al

| Please do not send private mail to this address. |
| Private mail should go to barsa@ibm.net.         |

Al Barsa, Jr. - Account for Midrange-L
Barsa Consulting, LLC.
400 > 390