  • Subject: Re: Jobs QZSCSRVR and QTFTPnnnnn
  • From: John Earl <johnearl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 20:43:51 -0800

Booth,

These are prestart jobs designed to maximize server performance by having a job
ready to accept
incoming requests before the requests are actually received.

QTFTPnnnnn are the FTP servers.  You can set the initial number of active FTP
servers with the CHGFTPA
command.  I believe the OS will spawn more if you end up with all of the
servers active at once.  The
five digit (nnnnn) number is supposed to be random, and it really has no
meaning to your applications.

QZSCSRVR is the Central signon server.  It is the one that handles signon to
the AS/400.  I don't know
that the initial number of QZSCSRVR servers can be set.

As with any pre-start job, you could end it if you were confident that no one
is currently using it.
Usually when the system needs another, it will gen one.

jte

--
John Earl   johnearl@toolnet.com

PowerTech Toolworks  206-575-0711