• Subject: RE: HTTP job does not go to DEQW status - can't debug
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:58:38 -0600

Bleddyn,

Are there new instructions for debugging CGI jobs then?

Bradley V. Stone
Taylor Corporation - OASIS Programmer/Analyst   
bvstone@taylorcorp.com


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bleddyn Williams [SMTP:bleddyn@morpheus.ltd.uk]
> Sent: Friday, January 29, 1999 2:37 PM
> To:   MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
> Subject:      RE: HTTP job does not go to DEQW status - can't debug
> 
> Hi Brad its standard all webserver jobs for the HTTP server now sit in
> TIMW
> in their own subsystem.
> 
> Thanks
> Bleddyn
> 
> http://www.ignite400.org/ your AS/400 Internet/Intranet questions
> answered.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
> [mailto:owner-midrange-l@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Stone, Brad V (TC)
> Sent: Thursday, January 28, 1999 09:41
> To: 'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'
> Subject: HTTP job does not go to DEQW status - can't debug
> 
> 
> Hi all.
> 
> Found another bug most likely cause by the upgrade to V4R3.
> 
> If you've message around with CGI programming on the AS/400, to debug a
> job,
> you must first end HTTP servers, and the start them with the
>  '-minat 1 -maxat 1'
>  parameter.  This ensures only one instance running.
> 
> You would then find the job in the DEQW status.  You then start a server
> job
> on this job and then you could use debug on a CGI program.
> 
> Well, now it seems none of the jobs go into DEQW status.  I've checked and
> double checked my startup parameters and they are fine.  All the jobs seem
> to go into the TIMW status.
> 
> It's getting old trying to guess the job that will be running the CGI
> programming.
> 
> Has anyone else seen this?
> 
> Bradley V. Stone
> Taylor Corporation - OASIS Programmer/Analyst
> bvstone@taylorcorp.com
> 
> 
> +---
> | This is the Midrange System Mailing List!
> | To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
> | To subscribe to this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.
> | To unsubscribe from this list send email to
> MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
> | Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator:
> david@midrange.com
> +---
> 
> +---
> | This is the Midrange System Mailing List!
> | To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
> | To subscribe to this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.
> | To unsubscribe from this list send email to
> MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
> | Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator:
> david@midrange.com
> +---
+---
| This is the Midrange System Mailing List!
| To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
| To subscribe to this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.
| To unsubscribe from this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator: david@midrange.com
+---


This thread ...

Follow-Ups:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].