David,
                   Thanks David.  I will try to write my own built in
function soon. Currently, I am very tight with our Y2K problem.
Thanks again

Regards
Raj

"David Morris" <dmorris@plumcreek.com> on 01-22-99 11:38:17 AM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

To:   MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
cc:    (bcc: Rajan Srinivasan/Servicing/SuperiorBank)
Subject:  Re: Built in Function ILE RPG

Raj,
You can create your own built in function, it is called a sub-procedure.
The
sub-procedure may have 50 statements, but your applications will only have
one (you will also have to include a prototype which defines the
input/output
to the sub-procedure.)
David Morris
>>> <Rajan.Srinivasan@Allfun.com> 01/22 11:43 AM >>>
Friends,
For that,  I  have tried using date stamp field.
1. Moving   the numerical  value ( 8, 0)  to    DATE STAMP Field with  (
Date format  *USA)
2.  Moving   Date Stamp Field ( *USA)     TO    another date stamp field
(*ISO)
3.  Finally,  moving  Date Stamp Filed (*ISO)     TO     Result  Field (
Numerical variable with 8, 0 )
The above method works fine.
 I was looking around for other better methods, because  in RPG/400, it is
just  one  statement ( multiplying by  10000.01),
but in  ILE RPG it  takes three statement and two more additional  work
field declaration ( Date stamp field).
Could  you please tell me , is there any other better methods  like  using
Built in function.?
Can we create our  own built-in function?.
Any help is greatly appriciated.
Thanks
Regards
Raj