                From:   Rajan.Srinivasan@Allfun.com
[mailto:Rajan.Srinivasan@Allfun.com]
                Sent:   Friday, January 22, 1999 1:29 PM
                To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
                Subject:        Re: Built in Function ILE RPG

                Thanks   Jerry  It  works  fine. I can able to take out one
more statements
                out.

                There is one more point I did'nt  mention.

                > 1. Moving   the numerical  value ( 8, 0)  to    DATE STAMP
Field with
                (> Date format  *USA)

                 On the above statement, by any chance if there is some
invalid date like
                Februry 30, then
                the program is boming out with run time message.

                For that , before executing the above statement, I am
evaluating for
                invalid date which runs almost 10+ statments.

                Is there any better way for this.

                Thanks again

                Regards

                Raj