  • Subject: RE: ADDAJE on a new subsystem description
  • From: Bob Crothers <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:37:54 -0000

Eric,

Right after you start the subsystem, look in QSYSOPR message queue.
 If the subsystem monitor is having problems starting your autostart
job, you will see a message there.  Many times, this message will
point you at a different job.  Look at the joblog for that job to see
what the problem is.

And yes, it could be a routing entry or max jobs problem.  Check to
make sure you either have a routing entry for QCMD or one for *ANY.
 And your MAXJOBS parm for the subsystem must be set to at least how
many autostart jobs you have (more if you want to run stuff thru
jobq's to the sbs).

Regards,
Bob Crothers
Cornerstone Communications, LLC