  • Subject: Re: Printing the same spool file in TWO printers in the same time
  • From: david.kahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 14:40:58 +0000

I wrote:

>>Just save and restore the page number.
>>
>>        Eval SavPage = Page
>>        Feod Printer
>>        Eval Page = SavPage
>
>Yes, this will work if you're using the RPG PAGE field.

On second thoughts, if you're using the PAGE reserved word in RPG the page
count will not be reset by closing and opening the file so you don't need
to do anything special. If you're using the DDS PAGNBR keyword then you
have a problem. I still think it's best to avoid tinkering with a working
program if you can fix it with CPYSPLF or the TAATOOL DUPSPLF.

Dave Kahn
ABB Steward Ltd.