• Subject: Problem with QtmhCvtDb API
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:44:18 -0600

Hi Folks.

Doing a little RPG/CGI programming and am having a problem.  I am trying to
convert variables, but it is having problems on the last field and returning
a status code of -4 (means: An error occurred while converting the CGI input
string to the DDS defined data types. The data may or may not be usable).

I can't find any other errors anywhere else.  The data structure gets filled
with the info needed except for the last one.  The DS looks like this...

CPDIV           3,0     Division Number
CPSUBDIV        3,0     Subdivision Number
CPFCAT          3,0     From Catalog
CPTCAT  3,0     To Catalog
CPFITM          14      From Item
CPTITM          14      To Item

The user inputs a from and to catalog, and a from and to item number.  These
are read in with the QtmhRdStin API.  The variable string looks good, and
everything is filled but the To Item number field on the Convert to DB.

Any ideas?  Return code of -4 doesn't tell me much.

Bradley V. Stone
Taylor Corporation - OASIS Programmer/Analyst
bvstone@taylorcorp.com

+---