  • Subject: Y2K OS/400
  • From: "Nick Arnold" <narnold@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 22:31:54 -0000

I know that there are alot of Y2K related issues that appear here so sorry in advance !!.

Just a quick question .... our head office has conducted Millennium testing at a certain level of OS/400 for 4.2, we are now in a situation where all the machines in the group (21 in total) will be upgraded to 4.2, we are loading a PTF package, and software which is 9 months old, and the plan is not to change this through the millennium.

My question is are other sites doing this ?, what happens if we have a problem, IBM will straight away request that the latest PTF package be loaded ... I personally dont agree with this, and believe if there are going to be bugs then later PTF's will address this.

At the end of the day IBM WILL be Y2K compliant, a company there size can't afford not to.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks Nick

Ps .... happy new year to all.

Nick Arnold
Production Services Manager,
CNGIT Limited.
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Arnold;Nick
FN:Nick Arnold
ORG:Coutts NatWest Group IT Limited;Channel Islands
TITLE:Production Services Manager
TEL;WORK;VOICE:44 1534 282086
TEL;HOME;VOICE:44 1534 510423
TEL;CELL;VOICE:44 7797 721 790
TEL;WORK;FAX:44 1534 282100
TEL;HOME;FAX:44 802 531 429
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;Jersey;PO Box 125=0D=0A23/25 Broad Street;St Helier;Jersey, Channel Islands=
;JE4 8QG;UK
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Jersey=0D=0APO Box 125=0D=0A23/25 Broad Street=0D=0ASt Helier, Jersey, Chann=
el Islands JE4 8QG=0D=0AUK
ADR;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;2 Lucknow Villas=0D=0ADunell Road;St Saviour;Jersey, Channel Islands.;JE2 =
7PB;UK
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:2 Lucknow Villas=0D=0ADunell Road=0D=0ASt Saviour, Jersey, Channel Islands. =
JE2 7PB=0D=0AUK
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:narnold@itl.net
REV:19981230T223154Z
END:VCARD