  • Subject: RE: Passing parms to query--where did the formatting go
  • From: Joel Fritz <JFritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:40:47 -0800

You're encountering the dread query management form and probably the default
print file.  It gets complicated from here out.  You can do almost any of
the things you can with Query400, but you may need to use query management
forms, which can be extracted from your Query400 query with RTVQMFORM, and
you may need to override the print file to get widths over 80 columns.  You
can also try prompting the STRQMQRY and exposing all parameters.  For the
QMFORM parm specify *QRYDFN and don't forget to specify ALWQRYDFN *YES.

I recommend, but with the usual caveat that it is an IBM manual, "OS/400 DB2
for OS/400 Query Management Programming."  There are some differences on
summary functions explained in one of the appendices.  If there's anyone out
there who actually constructs qmforms from scratch, I'd be real interested
in  picking up some tricks of the trade.  The manual is a model of obscurity
on the syntax of the qmform.  O specs are transparent by comparison.

Good luck.