Of course, the cable included (at least, the ones I've seen) is only about
8 foot long.  Just long enough to go from the I/O card, down the back of
the machine, and half way to where ever you need to plug it in.  (:  You'll
probably need an extension.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.com

>Art,

>If it's a DB9 at the one end, I found one of these as well (I have boxes
>full of cables).  It's a
>male connector with only 4 out of 9 pins being used and I don't see an IBM
>p/n on it.  I must have
>ordered it from some cabling company years ago.

>Glenn Gundermann
>Ronald A. Chisholm Limited
>Toronto

The same cable that you use to connect a Token Ring card in a PC to the
cabling system will also work.  But I'll bet IBM's has more shielding.

--PEM

PS-- ever take apart an IBM cable?  Inside one of their RS232 cables I
found 25 conductors, -each- with an individual shield!  No wonder those
things won't bend!  (:

--PEM