Thank goodness it wasn't an AS/400.
-------------------------------------

Wednesday December 23, 1:35 pm Eastern Time

Company Press Release

SOURCE: Law Offices of Gold & Rosenfeld

Y2K Lawsuit Alleges National Medical Continuity Threatened by
Non-Compliant Software

CHICAGO, Dec. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- The law offices of Gold & Rosenfeld and
the law offices of Gogel, Phillips and Garcia, LLP, announced today that
a class
action has been filed in the United States District Court for the
Northern District of Illinois against computer giant International
Business Machines Corporation
(NYSE:IBM - news; ``IBM'') and its business partner Medic Computer
Systems, Inc. (``Medic''). The suit asserts claims on behalf of all
persons and entities who
purchased a computer solution containing hardware and software
manufactured and/or sold by IBM and Medic, (the ``Bundled Solution''),
either directly or
indirectly, from IBM and/or Medic, which is not Year 2000 (``Y2K'')
compliant.

The class action is brought on behalf of Mario C. Yu, M.D., a physician
specializing in obstetrics and gynecology, on behalf of all similarly
situated persons and/or entities who purchased the Bundled Solution
comprised of IBM's RISC 6000 computer system containing the AIX o/s v. 4.1
and the Medic application software v. 7.0 dated July 7, 1997, among other
things.

The Complaint alleges that the Defendants either knew or should have known
that the Bundled Solution was not Y2K compliant, and accordingly would
cease to
properly function on and after January 1, 2000. The complaint further
alleges that as a consequence of the Y2K defect, the thousands of health
care providers using the Bundled Solution face the significant possibility
of a substantial interruption to their medical practices, and the
consequent effect on critical patient care.

Plaintiff seeks to recover compensatory, punitive and injunctive relief on
behalf of all class members. Specifically, Plaintiff seeks an injunction
ordering the Defendants to give effective and meaningful notice to all
registered licensees of the defect, and to provide a ``patch,'' at
Defendants' cost, fixing the problem.

Plaintiff is represented by the law firms of Gold & Rosenfeld and Gogel,
Phillips & Garcia, LLP.

Gold & Rosenfeld is a Chicago-based law firm which concentrates its
practice in the area of Information Technology Law and complex Commercial
Litigation. Its
>partners have extensive experience in the information technology industry.

Gogel, Phillips & Garcia, LLP is a Massachusetts-based law firm
specializing in class action litigation. In the past year, Gogel, Phillips
& Garcia has been appointed class counsel in LaFromboise, et al. v.
Greenwood Trust, et al. (D.
Mass.); In re: General Electric Capital Corp. Bankruptcy Debtor
Reaffirmation Agreements Litigation (MDL, NDIL); and Lamontagne, et al. v.
Hurley State Bank, et al. (D. Mass).

SOURCE: Law Offices of Gold & Rosenfeld

| Please do not send private mail to this address. |
| Private mail should go to barsa@ibm.net.         |

Al Barsa, Jr. - Account for Midrange-L
Barsa Consulting, LLC.
400 > 390