Bobby,

>When I delete a record using SQL delete statement, can I get it back?
>Is there any command to retrive back deleted record?

If the file has not been reorganized, and the deleted record has not
been reused because of REUSEDLT(*YES). then it is possible.  There are
a couple of ways of doing it.  One method used by QUSRTOOL is to copy
the physical file to a savf and manipulate the delete flags, then
restore the savf back to the physical file.

A better (and much faster) way is via a freeware tool written by Dave
McKenzie.  It uses MI to undelete records and works even at security
levels 40 and 50.  He has a separate version for CISC and RISC.

The programs are available in the News/400 shareware/freeware code
section.  You may want to look over the other stuff too by going to
www.news400.com, clicking the resources tab, then code, then
shareware/freeware.

Here are direct links to Dave's undelete utilities:

 CISC version: http://www.news400.com/sharewarefiles/undel.zip
 RISC version: http://www.news400.com/sharewarefiles/undelris.zip
 Source code: http://www.news400.com/sharewarefiles/undelsrc.zip

It appears from the web page these are still the versions from a
couple of years ago which do not support record formats with date,
time, or timestamp fields.  But Dave modified the tool to support
these also.  I don't have a link to the new versions.

Here is the description from the News400 website:

"UNDEL allows you to view, copy and un-delete deleted records in a
physical file. You can interactively display active and deleted
records, scan for deleted records and un-delete them. In addition, you
can copy records to print or to an outfile or un-delete them without
displaying them. UNDEL does not copy the file to a save file, but
operates directly on the records in the physical file. This makes it
very quick, even for huge physical files. Author: Dave McKenzie."

Don't thank me; thank Dave...

Doug