  • Subject: running sql from a cl to update
  • From: wawrzaszek@xxxxxxxxxxx (Wawrzaszek)
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:54:40 -0500

I am trying to delete records from a file using an sql statement that I send
parms to.  I get the following message when I run the CL:
"Type a value for variable "frdte" and press Enter"

The variable should be the parm I am sending in.  I have included my code,
If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!!!

SQL:
delete from library/file where field1 >= &frdte and field1 <= &todte
field1 is 8,0

CL:
PGM
   DCL     VAR(&DATE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(6)
   DCL     VAR(&DATE8) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)
   DCL     VAR(TDTE8) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)
   DCL     VAR(&FRDTE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)
   DCL     VAR(&TODTE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)

   RTVSYSVAL SYSVAL(QDATE) RTNVAR(&DATE)
   CVTDAT   DATE(&DATE) TOVAR(&DATE8) FROMFMT(*MDY) +
                         TOFMT(*YYMD) TOSEP(*NONE)
   CALL        PGM(DAT8TIME) PARM(&DATE8 ' ' ' ' ' ' &TDTE8 +
                       '000060' 'sd')  /*  PGM WILL SUB #DAYS PASSED IN FROM
                                                       FROM DATE - SUB 60
DAYS) */
   CHGVAR  VAR(&FRDTE) VALUE(&TDTE8)
   CHGVAR  VAR(&TODTE) VALUE(&DATE8)

   STRQMQRY   QMQRY(library/sql)  SETVAR((FRDTE &FRDTE) +
                              (TODTE &TODTE))

ENDPGM

If I look at the joblog, it looks fine:

strqmqry qmqr(library/sql) setvar((frdte '19981024') (todte '19981223'))

If I change strqmqry to alwqrydfn(*only) i get error object sql not found in
library.  However I can do a dspobjd and find this sql query.  I even
recreated it using CRTQMQRY

What am I missing?????
Thanks in advance.