Hello  All,
                         We   are   trying   to  replace  an  Open   Query
File  with   Join  Logical  File  and  got  struck.  Any help is
greatly  Appriciated.

 IN  BRIEF  :      JOIN  LOGICAL FILE  -   Not allowing  to have  Key field
from  Secondary  File fields.

We  are  using  the  Open Query  File.  We are trying  to  take out the
Open Query file, ( which generates the acceess path
every time, which takes long time ),  and  use   Join Logical file with
the relavent Key list.

IN  DETAIL. :

We  are showing a  selection  screen , of which  the  user can select  19
different  selection creteria to
print the report  in  19  different ways.  It is being  called and
executed from  a  CL  to  RPG.

The data is being taken from  3  Physical  files.

On  CL,  depends on the user selection,  we  run  Open Query ,  ( which is
joining  three  PF ,  and putting into an another PF),
and  that PF  is being used in  the  RPG.

" We want  to  take out the  Open Query, and  create 19 different  join
Logical file ( to join all 3  PF ) ,  with  Selection  creteria  and  with
Key Field"  and  use the join  logical file to generate the report."

PROBLEM.
                         I can able to create  19  different   LF,  over
3  different  PF.    But,   """" The Key filed used on the open query is
taking fields   from  all  three  PF,  instead of  only  from  the  Primary
fille."

                        I  read in the  manual that  "  I can  use  only
the fields  from the Primary file  for the Key field ", which is correct
because when I use  fields from secondary files  for Key field,  I am
getting a compile time error.

WHAT WE WANT TO DO
Basically we want to ellimate the process  to generate the access path  (
to take out the open query file from CL ) every time  when the user select
any option to generate the report.

Actual  Open Query  File  statement  in CL

OPNQRYF    FILE((FILE 1) (FILE 2) (FILE 3)) +

                          FORMAT(CRTPF1) QRYSLT('(X090 *EQ  "R")')

                          KEYFLD((XR180) (XR070) (XR110) (XA133) (XA131)
(XA010) (CHKDIG)   (ICLASS))

                          JFLD((ALOAN DLOAN) (CLOAN DLOAN))

                          JDFTVAL(*YES) MAPFLD((ALOAN 'A2LOAN' *CHAR 10)
(MR010 'SMR010' *CHAR 9) (HKDIG 'CHKDIG' *CHAR 1) (DLOAN 'MR010 +

                         *CAT HKDIG' *CHAR 10) (CLOAN 'ILOAN' *CHAR 10))

Any  help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Raj