Sample at the bottom:  (set your mailer for fixed font)

The algorithym is: 88 lines per page, 8 line/label, 11 labels/column, 4
columns/sheet.

You'll need an array of 8 elements by the number of columns/label to hold the
data for each label, and an 88 element array for each column needed.  Fill the
label array(line 2 through 7; you'll need 1 & 8 for spacing).

Then print it to array 1, a line at a time. Repeat 11 times, until at line 88.
Repeat for Array 2, then for Array 3 and, in your case, Array 4.  At this point
you have filled the label sheet so stop and print the sheet; print each array,
1 through 4, a line at a time.

   O               E     OUT
   O                     AR1,I    25
   O                     AR2,I    50
   O                     AR3,I    75
   O                     AR4,I   100

The sample below isn't complete.  it gets pretty boring and repetitive.

In <36684895.59E2F1A9@IQUEST.NET>, on 12/04/98
   at 03:39 PM, Chuck Lewis <CLEWIS@IQUEST.NET> said:

>OK,

>I must be making this MUCH harder than it is (or am I ?)...

>What I need to do is print labels. Simple enough. I need to print them 4
>across.

boothm@ibm.net
Booth Martin

0006.00       * :                                                            :
0007.00       * : This program makes labels for 3-wide Avery labels.         :
0008.00       * : It depends upon QPRINT12 printing at 12 c.p.i. in order    :
0009.00       * : for all the data to fit without truncation.  There are     :
0010.00       * : issues relating to the particular printer being printed    :
0011.00       * : too, (Host Print Transform may need to be on).             :
0012.00       * :                                                            :
0013.00       * : DATE:  PROGRAMMER ACTION:                                  :
0016.00       * :                                                            :
0017.00       * :............................................................:
0018.00      FTRM0201 IP  E           K        DISK
0019.00      FQPRINT12O   F     102     OF    LPRINTER
0020.00      LQPRINT12 88FL 84OL
0021.00      E                    LIN         8 30
0022.00      E                    LNA        88 30
0023.00      E                    LNB        88 30
0024.00      E                    LNC        88 30
0025.00      C*  ..  ..
0026.00      C                     EXSR MKLABL                       FILL FIELDS
0027.00      C                     ADD  1         LABL#   30
0028.00      C           LABL#     IFLE 10
0029.00      C                     EXSR $COL1
0030.00      C                     ELSE
0031.00      C           LABL#     IFGE 21
0032.00      C                     EXSR $COL3
0033.00      C                     ELSE
0034.00      C           LABL#     IFGE 11
0035.00      C                     EXSR $COL2
0036.00      C                     END
0037.00      C                     END
0038.00      C                     END
0039.00      C* sheet full, print labels.
0040.00      C           LABL#     IFEQ 30
0041.00      C                     EXSR PRINT
0042.00      C                     END
0043.00      CLR         LABL#     IFGT *ZEROS
0044.00      CLR                   EXSR PRINT
0045.00      CLR                   END
0046.00      C*====================================================
0047.00      CSR         PRINT     BEGSR
0048.00      C                     Z-ADD1         O#      20
0049.00      C                     Z-ADD0         LABL#
0050.00      C                     EXCPTOUTH                       SET TOP,FORM
0051.00      C                     DO   80
0052.00      C                     EXCPTOUT
0053.00      C                     ADD  1         O#
0054.00      C                     END
0055.00      C                     MOVE *BLANKS   LNA
0056.00      C                     MOVE *BLANKS   LNB
0057.00      C                     MOVE *BLANKS   LNC
0058.00      C                     ENDSR
0059.00      C*================================================
0060.00      C*  ..  ..  ..
0061.00      CSR         MKLABL    BEGSR
0062.00      C                     MOVE *BLANKS   LIN
0063.00      C                     Z-ADD7         I       10
0064.00      C           XLADD5    IFGT *BLANKS
0065.00      C                     MOVELXLADD5    LIN,I            LINE7
0066.00      C                     SUB  1         I
0067.00      C                     END
0068.00      C           XLADD4    IFGT *BLANKS
0069.00      C                     MOVELXLADD4    LIN,I            LINE6
0070.00      C                     SUB  1         I
0071.00      C                     END
0072.00      C           XLADD3    IFGT *BLANKS
0073.00      C                     MOVELXLADD3    LIN,I            LINE5
0074.00      C                     SUB  1         I
0075.00      C                     END
0076.00      C           XLADD2    IFGT *BLANKS
0077.00      C                     MOVELXLADD2    LIN,I            LINE4
0078.00      C                     SUB  1         I
0079.00      C                     END