  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: AS400 Access from Internet
  • From: bdietz@xxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:38:51 -0500

The following is a snip about the new client access express currently in
beta

Security
      SSL Support
           TCP/IP network security is provided through the use of Secured
           Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL can be used for the entire connection
           or for specific functions (such as PC5250 or Data Transfer).
This
           function can not be used in the beta.
      New security logon options
           Use the Microsoft Windows logon user-id and password to sign
           onto the AS/400. If your AS/400 user-id/password is the same
           as your Windows desktop userid/password, you will never be
           prompted for logon if you use this option.
           For users who share a workstation, an option has been added to
           always prompt for user-id/password when opening a new
           application such as PC5250 or Data Transfer.
Administration Control
           Administrators can better control what end users can install and
           run through the use of policy restrictions. They can mandate or
           suggest AS/400 systems that users can connect to.

I think the SSL gives plenty of protection.

Bryan Dietz
3X Corp.

-- Practice safe computing...always use your keyboard condom --

jim_oberholtzer@ibi.com on 11/20/98 06:47:09 AM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com