  • Subject: RE: 2 questions
  • From: "Goodbar, Loyd (AFS-Water Valley)" <LGoodbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 15:24:12 -0400

Display files are combination (input/output) files. In the RPG program
define the F-specs as shown below (this is in RPG/IV, RPG/III is similar
if not exact):

fpa001    cf    e    workstn

f - is the f-spec
pa001 - is your display file name
cf - is combination file
e - is externally described
workstn - is the type of file (display file)

In your program (C specs) you would EXFMT dspfpa001a...001c.