>From the AS/400e series System Handbook

(there are many RAID-5 controllers but the rules are the same)

PCI RAID Disk Unit Controller Ultra SCSI #2726
The PCI RAID Disk Unit Controller #2726 supports a maximum of 15 one or
two-byte disk units.
A minimum of four disk units of equal capacity are required to implement
RAID-5 protection.
A maximum of 10 disk units per RAID-5 array are supported.
Parity information can be spread across four or eight disks.
A maximum of three RAID-5 arrays are supported on one #2726.

PCI RAID Disk Unit Controller Ultra SCSI #2740
The #2740 is functionally equivalent to the #2726 PCI RAID Disk Unit
Controller.
However, the #2740 can only be located in the System Unit.

PCI RAID Disk Unit Controller Ultra SCSI #2741
The #2741 is functionally equivalent to the #2726 PCI RAID Disk Unit
Controller.
However, #2741 offers an enhancement over the #2726 in that it will
support compression.

Neil Palmer  DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
                                             AS/400~~~~~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada    ___________          ___  ~
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:   (905) 731-9202          oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com        AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server