  • Subject: Re: Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter
  • From: "Mike Shaw" <mshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 18:10:26 -0700

Terry,

In years past, one could have made an argument for that
statement....According to Dr. Frank Soltis at the Spring COMMON in New
Orleans, there will be zero difference between AS/400 and RS/6000 hardware
by next summer.  Given that strategy, I would think that the OS and hardware
are well separated.  This is because the AS/400 has TIMI and MI which
technically do not belong to OS/400 as an OS proper.  They are separate
layers.

Regards,

Mike Shaw