  • Subject: IT/Management - Y2k laugh at ourselves [1/2 joke<?> 1/2 truth]
  • From: Glenn Ericson <Glenn-Ericson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:05:51 -0400

doesn't this feel just far too familiar!!!!!!!!!!!

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces
height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and
shouts: "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"

The man below says: "Yes. You're in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet
above this field."

 "You must work in Information Technology" says the balloonist.

 "I do" replies the man.

 "How did you know."
 "Well" says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically
correct, but it's no use to anyone."

 The man below says "you must work in business management."

 "I do" replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

 "Well", says the man, "you don't know where you are, or where you're
going, but you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position
you were before we met, but now it's my fault."