  • Subject: RE: V2R3 CISC to V4R2 RISC - Do we dare?
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:09:49 -0600

Something that I think PM/400 SHOULD handle during a release upgrade is
to kick off a job that does:
CVTPFRDTA FROMLIB(QMPGDATA) TOLIB(QMPGDATA)

You STILL need to do that manually for performance data that is kept
from before a release upgrade.

I still continue to find minor niggling problems with PM/400 after
release upgrades.  My latest (V4R1 to V4R2) went in and changed the
schedule times for my Q1PCM1 job (upload data to Rochester) job, and
removed the PMOFF/PMON before/after programs (from the PMLINMON command
setup), so of course when it went to dial out to upload to Rochester the
lines was unavailable.

Neil Palmer                                AS/400~~~~~
NxTrend Technology - Canada   ____________          ___  ~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |__________|_|______|_|______)
Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238    oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com    AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server
http://www.NxTrend.com