To really debug a batch PGM, the best way is to do
it in batch.  We use StrSrvJob to do this.  Here's
how we do it (there are other methods I'm sure)

1.  You will need to know what jobq the job will
be running in so you can hold the jobq.  Hold that
job queue.
2.  Submit the job that needs the debug.
3.  Display the jobq to get the job name, user and
job number.  (debug job)
4.  Issue the command STRSRVJOB and F4.  Enter the
debug job information and press enter.
5.  Issue the STRDBG command and F4 to enter the
debug job information.
6.  Release the jobq.
7.  When the job start's to run a message will
appear on the session that you entered the
STRSRVJOB command.
8.  Press F10 and at the command line enter your
ADDBKP command.
9.  To resume after the break points are entered
press F3 and when back on the message press enter.
This will allow the job to run in batch and will
act like the interactive version of STRDBG.
10.  When the job ends remember to ENDDBG and
ENDSRVJOB.

Bill Meecham
Sr Project Leader

EXTOL Inc
474 N Centre St
PO Box 1010
Pottsville  PA  17901-1010
Tel:  +01 717.628.5500
Fax: +01 717.628.6983
wm@extol.com

>Hello all,
>I have been using my Softcopy CD to research the
STRSRVJOB command, it
>seems quite helpful.  Am I correct in the
assumption that I can have a
>user in an interactive job or even a batch job,
then all I would have to
>do is enter the STRSRVJOB command at my screen
for that specific users
>job then STRDBG on the particular program they
were about to begin
>running?  Is this correct?  And how have you
folks found this command to

MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.
>| To unsubscribe from this list send email to
>MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
>| Questions should be directed to the list
owner/operator: