  • Subject: RE: Bad Trip (was COMMON Australasia)
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 14:02:19 -0500

Well, it was Northworst but you couldn't really blame them for the
Tornado that touched down out by one of the runways in Minneapolis, and
forced the evacuation of part of the terminal and the control tower.
They had planes diverted all over the place.  I spent 5 hours on the
ground in Madison WI.  We got to MSP around 3am after watching an
amazing lightning show out of the right window for the entire flight.
When I finally got to Rochester Saturday morning there were still two
Northwest A-320's on the ground that had been diverted there.  Just my
luck my flight got diverted to Madison instead of Rochester.  :-(

Oh - and to top off a wonderful trip, that night we went to the Hubbell
House in Mantorville (just west of Rochester) for dinner.
We just walk in, waiting for our seats, and the Toronado siren across
the street goes off.  After they finished with sending people to the
basement we finally end up at our tables, have just had soup, then the
power goes out.  We wait an hour, then figure we'll go to Rochester to
eat.  No luck, the entire city was blacked out for about 5 hours.  Still
some people in the area without power two days later.  (Deb Benson,
formerly of IBM and now with COMMON, was one of them - she also had 36
trees blown down on her property !).

Neil Palmer                                AS/400~~~~~
NxTrend Technology - Canada   ____________          ___  ~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |__________|_|______|_|______)
Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238    oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com    AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server
http://www.NxTrend.com