At 09:17 AM 7/2/98 -0400, Michal Guzak wrote:
>Since we now have this WONDERFUL ability to name our device sessions in
>V3R2, can somebody recommend a naming scheme that makes sense and
>provides some useful information.  Maybe some examples of the
>nomenclature being used at other sites - other than the old PC1, PC2,
>PC2, etc..

Our device names consist of a 1 character facility ID, a two character
department, a two or three digit number that (supposedly) corresponds to the
last part of the IP address, and a letter that identifies which interactive
device it is (user workstations usually have two defined). The host name of my
PC in the IT department (it was the IS department until last year) is NIS53. My
CA devices are NIS53A and B.

Pete Hall
peteh@inwave.com
http://www.inwave.com/~peteh/