Hi All,

 I have a question on ILE RPG procedure prototypes. In the ILE RPG Users Guide
Page 38, there is an example RPG program. It has a main procedure and two
subprocedures. The prototypes for the two subprocedures are declared at the top
of the main D specs.

 One of the subprocedures calls another procedure in a different module. Now
the example shows a /COPY copybook that contains the prototype for this
imported procedure. This /COPY is at the top of the main D specs along with the
two subprocedure prototypes.

 My first question - as the imported procedure is a local call to
subprocedure1, do we have to specify the imported procedure prototype at the
top main D specs or at the D specs of the subprocedure1? Is there any
performance affect?

 My second question - the subprocedure1 calls a procedure in a different
module. Now the second module has the procedure prototype declared in the same
/COPY copybook. This second module has the code for the procedure. The
procedure has an EXPORT keyword because this procedure is being exported to the
first module. But in the first module, I didnot find any IMPORT keyword for
this procedure. The only reference for this procedure I found is the /COPY
copybook prototype. When a procedure (or a data item)  is exported from a
module with EXPORT keyword, the importing module should have IMPORT keyword for
the procedure somewhere. I am a little bit confused here. Can anyone explain me
this more clearly??

 Thanx in advance for any help. Good day.

Regards,
Venu