  • Subject: Re: win 98 bugs...
  • From: bclark@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Bob Clark)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:56:36 -0500

Could it be that '98 behaves like NT when formatting diskettes?  In NT you can
only
format a diskette by making sure the contents are not being displayed anywhere
within My Computer or Explorer.

Don wrote:

> Walden,
>
> it's a 166 with 32m.  Damn thing is that it will READ and WRITE a
> PRE-FORMATTED diskette, but just won't format...diskette drive just keeps
> dropping ready...damnedest thing I've seen in a while!
>
> I would have gone NT LONG LONG LONG ago but the dolts at Micro Integration
> are dragging their butts at making their remote 5250 product NT
> compatible...ditto for Chessmaster 5500....:)  IF not for them I'ld be on
> NT.
>
> Don in DC metro
>
> On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Walden Leverich wrote:
>
> > Don,
> >
> > Ho much memory? More than 32? Go WinNT!
> >
> > -Walden

begin:          vcard
fn:             Bob Clark
n:              Clark;Bob
org:            US Safety
adr:            8101 Lenexa Dr.;;;Lenexa;Ks;66214;USA
email;internet: bclark@ussafety.com
title:          Programmer/Analyst
tel;work:       913-599-5555 x274
tel;fax:        913-599-1703