Dean Asmussen wrote:
>So, how do I point at program X on the 530 side from the 310, making sure that
>the library list and user profile is correct in order to properly update all
>transactions?  I'd prefer to not have to include the USERID and PASSWORD in
>the execution of RUNRMTCMD, but understand that this may be necessary under
>V3R7.  Any and all help is appreciated...

Dean,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to run a job on the 530
from the 310, making sure the job on the 530 runs under a specific
profile and library list, right?  If so, here's one way you could do
it:

1. Create a new mode description on the 530 and name it something
unique.  The values in the mode description should be fine if you copy
the BLANK mode description, as the main goal is to have your own mode
description you can reference by name.

2. Add a new communications entry to subsystem QCMN on the 530. This
new entry should reference your new mode description, with the default
userid being the user profile you want the 530 job to run under. It
should also reference a job description which has the library list you
want the 530 job to run with.  Create a new job description with the
proper library list if necessary.

3. You will need to bring the QCMN subsystem down and back up on the
530 for your changes to take affect.

4. On the 310, create a DDM file which points to the remote location
of the 530 and references the mode description you defined on the 530
in step 1.  The remote file name can be anything, as it is a dummy
value.

5. On the 310, do a SBMRMTCMD, specifying the name of the DDM file you
created in step 4 and the command to run.  If done in a CL, the CL on
the 310 will wait while the command runs on 530 before continuing.
Any messages generated on the 530 will go into the joblog of the
calling CL on the 310.

As you can see, the SBMRMTCMD uses the DDM file on the 310 to point to
the mode description in QCMN on the 530, which in turn selects the
user profile and job description (with library list) to run the 530
job under.  This method meets your criteria that the userid and
password not be passed from one system to the other.

Terry Herrin
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
New Hanover Regional Medical Center