  • Subject: Re: Model 170 with UPS on V4.2.0
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 12:04:10 -0400

Glenn,

  Interestingly I have a customer tracking the same problem on a Model
620 on V4R2. We do hear a pair of clicks at about the time the CPF1817
is issued and we think they are coming from the UPS. Dumping the UPS
logs shows nothing (a true outage does appear there as we know from the
May 31 storms up here that put the lights out to 4000+ customers for up
to a week!) The UPS is a MATRIX 3000 from APC.  The other AS/400 in the
room (a model 300) on a different UPS (I can't recall the brand) DOES
NOT experience this problem.  Both are fed from the same electrical
panel.

  Note that in this case the 620 is running on it's internal batteries
for those seconds, NOT THE UPS.

  I will certainly update if we find anything.

  Larry Bolhuis
  Arbor Solutions, Inc

  lbolhui@ibm.net