Hey Folks!

In order to prevent my group (blushing) from taking over DASD that was
purchased for other projects on the development box (320 2052 4-way running
V3R2M0 on the latest CUM), my client implemented user ASP.  I've always
avoided user ASP, as I was always told it was a performance hog, so I know
absolutely _nothing_ about it.  Today, I was creating a new environment for
our next BPCS implementation, and noticed message CPF3216 which (paraphrasing)
states "storage for file _x_ not all on requested unit, however, member _y_
added successfully".

I'm guessing here, but it sounds like the ASP that is supposed to be protected
from my group is being overflowed into anyway.  Now, I don't want to "cut my
nose off to spite my face" here; however, if my overflow assumtions are true,
I also don't want to put up with a performance degradation that serves a non-
existent purpose.  Are my assumptions correct?  If so, is there a way to
implement user ASP that will prevent overflows from occurring?

TIA!

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

Things you never hear -- Bill Clinton saying "Yeah, I did it.  So what?"