  • Subject: Re: ODBC - Access 2.0
  • From: Gary L Peskin <garyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 19:27:25 -0700

The -77xx errors from Access indicate that the ODBC driver called by
Access does not conform to the ODBC standard.  Specifically, -7761 means
that when access issued the SQLGetInfo(SQL_OUTER_JOINS), the return
value was not 'Y' or 'N' as required by what Access 2.0 things the
standard is supposed to be.

I believe the new ODBC drivers return "F" indicating "Full support",
hence the error.  This *is* a supported value per ODBC 2.0.  Access was
just not current with the standard.

To find out if you have an older version of Access 2.0, go into file
manager and find the jet engine:  msajt200.dll.  Then, select file |
properties.  If the version is earlier than 2.50.1606, you can download
the Access service pack which might correct this problem.  It is at

http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/Accsvc.exe

HTH.  Please let us know.

Gary