Michael Crump Said :

<SNIP>
>I've always prided myself on being a 'doer' but I found in this case I
wasn't.
>I've never been one to write to the editor until a few months ago.  I do
now.
>It is one of the benefits of living in a free electronic society.  You can
do it
>and it's easy.  Heck, I've even written Lou Gerstner to tell him what a
good
>machine it is....
<SNIP>

It IS easy.    Case in point.....    Here's the addresses  if anybody
wanted to write to the editor.

Nice and politely tell them that you enjoy their wonderful magazine,  and
that it would be greatly
enhanced if they would only cover some topics about the platform that runs
your company's
mission critical apps ....  The AS/400.

> ComputerWorld -
http://www.computerworld.com/
Johanna Ambrosio - INTERNET:Johanna_Ambrosio@cw.com
Laura Didio - INTERNET:laura_didio@cw.com
Jaikumar - INTERNET:jaikumar_vijayan@cw.com      (Midrange Systems
Coverage)
Jodie Naze - INTERNET:jodie_naze@cw.com
Craig Stedman - INTERNET:craig_stedman@cw.com    (DB writer)

http://www.byte.com/
Dave Andrews - INTERNET:dave.news@bix.com
Russell Kay - INTERNET:russellk@bix.com

> InformationWeek -
http://pubs.cmpnet.com/iw/681/
John Foley - INTERNET:jpfoley@cmp.com  (Wrote misinformed AS/400 DB2
Article)
Ms. Peterson  - INTERNET:speterso@cmp.com

> DB2 Magazine -
Morwenna Marshall - INTERNET:mmarshall@mfi.com (Is just about ready to have
AS/400 Column
    She needs input  as to what topics - Currently mostly MVS articles -
Nice person)

NOTE: For all you folks that write all those TCP/IP ,  WAN,  LAN,  Network,
etc types of posts here's

> Network Magazine (The Nework Solution Magazine - Probably doesn't know
what an AS/400 is)
http://www.networkmagazine.com/
Steve Steinke - Senior Editor - INTERNET:ssteinke@mfi.com
Elizabeth Clark - Features Editor -  INTERNET:eclark@mfi.com
Lee Chae - Reviews Editor - INTERNET:ichae@mfi.com
Alan Frank - Reviews Editor - INTERNET:afrank@mfi.com

---------------------
Snipets of Articles from Magazines

INFORMATION WEEK

        E-Business Roundtable -- Three IS executives and a consultant
discuss the rise
                 of E-business and the role of the network  infrastructure
at an InformationWeek seminar.
        The key  question: When will E-business reach its potential?

                 At the latest InformationWeek seminar, "The Network and
                 Innovation: Driving Electronic Business," three top IS
executives, an
                 InformationWeek editor, and a networking and
telecommunications
                 consultant discussed the role of Microsoft Windows NT and
Novell
                 NetWare, the nature of electronic business, convergence,
and knowledge
                 management. The seminar, moderated by Charles Pelton,
                 Editor-In-Chief/Events, was held before an audience of 100
IS executives on
                 April 21 at the Palace Hotel in New York.

                 INFORMATIONWEEK:      The endgame for most businesses is
growth. That
                 being the case, how important is it to have a scalable
directory? How are you
                 dealing with scalability? What are the drivers that make
you worry about
                 scalability?

                 PATEL:      We always want to run at about a 30%
utilization mark. My current
                 environment is all NT. We have some AS/400 units and we
have some Intel
                 servers. Scalability issues [for us] are easily manageable
because the AS/400
                 is scalable.      On the server side, what we do for
scalability is we just keep
                 adding more servers.
        <SNIP>

        This went on for a long while and not another word was mentioned
about the AS/400.

< Computer ResellerNews >

Microsoft Touts SAP R/3 As The   Enterprise Answer
                 By Stuart Glascock

April 27
<SNIP>
        Within a few months, its remaining Digital Equipment Corp.'s VAX
and IBM
                 Corp.'s AS/400 solutions will be replaced, he said. "If it
can scale to our $15
                 billion company, it can scale to a lot of companies,"
Conners told about 220
                 customers and OEMs at the event. "It can scale to all but
the top 3 [percent]
                 or 4 percent. You will see us prove that over the next
three or four months."

<Snip>
 < Lets take another look in August Huh ? >