Steve

At 03:03 PM 5/1/1998 -0800, you wrote:
>Bruce,
>you mean it the interest of looking out for us, functionality has
>been restricted ?
>I've tried the Operations Navigator and found it slow and cumbersome.
>Finding out that I cannot use it for common tasks means I can't see
>any reason to use it.
>
> - Steve Cotes
>
>> ----------

I agree that Operations Navigator lacks in a number of ways. As just one
example, consider WRKSPLF on the 400. There you can out a 2 on any number
of spooled files, enter the options you want to change ONE TIME on the
command line, and the changes are applied to ALL selected items. On the
other hand, if you have different changes to make per file, you press F4
and you can do it one by one.

In Operations Navigator, OTOH, you can make multiple selections, and you
can right-click to get the popup where you take the change option—well,
actually, the Properties option. But then you get a window for EACH file.
You have no option of entering changes that apply to all. This is really a
pain and makes ON unusable for common tasks, as far as I'm concerned. And I
know it does not have to be this way. It looks like the designer of ON had
never worked on the 400's "useless" green-screen interface.

Boy, that felt good! I've wanted to yell about this for a long time!

We need a 'Properties for All' option on the popup. PLEASE! Otherwise, I
will _not_ use ON hardly at all.

Cheers

Vernon Hamberg
Systems Software Programmer
Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
400 Second Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN  55401-2499
(612) 371-1111 x480