  • Subject: Re: IBM Supportline Woes!
  • From: "Carole Houghton" <mchcah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 07:02:34 +0000

I'm catching up on my mail and thought I would add my horror story to
the support line woes!  We bought 3 network stations last September.
We were unable to connect them to the Token Ring Lan.  I had support
line network station people, tcpip people - then the network station
software  developers over in our shop trying to find out what was
happening. It seems that some of the code on the Network station
cannot operate through a lan switch, if the MTU's on the TR Line are
higher than 4196 (or some such number).  After working with them for
literally months, we finally found the problem.  I received a bill
from support line for over $4000's.  I called in to report the
billing error with all the pertinent information and names.
Got a collection call.  Found out the first person
hadn't logged anything.  Got another bill - this time with a service
charge. Very frustrating.  This still hasn't been resolved.  I'll
probably have collection calls when I get back from Common.  Oh, this
is the 3rd disputed bill in a 2 month period with them.  (And they
wonder why we hate to call support line!)   The other 2 were also
from last fall.  Seems they are trying to collect anything they can!!
Carole A. Houghton
Wenger Corp
mchcah@deskmedia.com