  • Subject: CAWIN 95 and AS/400 Operations Navigator
  • From: John Muirhead <jmuirh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 23:26:15 -0700

Does anyone know how one could easily prevent Client Access for Windows 95
from putting the "AS/400 Operation Navigator" on the Windows 95 Desktop or
anywhere else on the PC?

We've noticed it seems to be both a powerful and potentially dangerous tool,
specifically in it's ability to give the average user the accidental (or
intentional) ability to delete or view physical files on the AS/400 with a
few simple mouse clicks.

We recently upgraded our OS to V4R2 and noticed that CAWIN95's upgrade
(V3R1M3 & SF45363) places this "disturbing" tool right on the desktop for
any curious user to find and play with.

A more important question: Is it easier to disable the ability to drill down
to the physical file level via the AS/400 itself?

Thanks,
John Muirhead          jmuirh@treetop.com
PC/LAN Administrator   jmuirh@internetMCI.com
Tree Top, Inc.         jmuirh@yahoo.com
220 East Second Ave.   (509) 697-7251 x300
Selah, WA 98942        (509) 697-0421 Fax

winmail.dat