Bleddyn,

Regardless of what replication technology you decide on, chances are you
will need to install software on both your source and target AS/400s. Not
only does data need to be pushed from the source to the target system, the
net changes that you are looking to move across need to be applied to the
associated files.

DataMirror "Transformation Server" is one of these technologies and another
reason it needs software on both the source and target systems is because
it allows you to do the necessary filtering (down to a row and column
level) on the source system, and any transformation that you want to do
against those transactions on the target. By default, Transformation Server
will bring across the data in the structure that it is in on the source
system but if you have any requirements to transform date fields, perform
value translations or create derived expressions, you have the ability to
do so. Transformation Server can also move data from a Windows NT or UNIX
environment to an AS/400 in a similar capacity if you have heterogeneous
databases that you would like to synchronize with your DB2/400 files.

We distribute DataMirror's technology in over 33 countries and our European
headquarters is based out of the UK. Please check out our web site at
http://www.datamirror.com for international address or e-mail me for
additional information.

Good luck,

Sam Webster