 qappdsn@ibm.net wrote:
>Oh don't sweat about Booth, he's OK, just drinks too much coffee! :)  BTW he's
>like
>some of us who have had our tongue in our cheek for so long it'll have to be
>surgically removed...we'll go to your place for that.

LOL!  Well, one thing this has done.  It's brought me out of semi-lurk
mode.  <grin>

>Supporting multiple sites we wind up with PDM/SEU as low common denominator
>and I've
>learned to like the pain.  My only wish is that if I browse a second member
>that I
>could edit it at the same time.  Sometimes when I'm looking up a panel on a
>display
>file while editing the program I spot something that needs cleaning up..sure
>would be
>nice to do while it's on my mind instead of having to remember to get back to
>it.

I agree that would be nice.  Instead of browsing a second member
within SEU, I usually use a separate session.  That way I can edit it
if I want to.

>I remember some story about a really big company having an official looking
>person
>walking around the slave pit with a light meter then changing all of the
>fluorescent
>lights.  Productivity went up.  For a while.  The perception that the employer
>was
>doing something for the workers made the workers feel better.  Placebo effect.
> Until
>I can get the editor to write code for me, it just changes how I type, not how
>much I
>type.  I'll pass on the placebo, thank you.

Interesting story.  It's not that I don't believe Code/400 could make
me more productive, it probably could.  I just feel that I'm already
pretty dang productive as it is.  <grin>

>Now if one is working on a really bogged down system and want's to offload
>editing at
>their company provided 486/66 which can take full advantage of their blinding
>fast
>typing ability.....(tongue...cheek...coffee...:)

If a system is so bogged down that a programmer running an editor is
causing a performance problem, the company probably needs a larger
AS/400 regardless.  :-D

Terry Herrin
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
New Hanover Regional Medical Center