  • Subject: Re: Triggers
  • From: David Duerr <dduerr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:02:21 -0500

During the *before trigger program, the file has not been updated yet.  The
*before
trigger program is fired before the actual update to the file.  This gives you
the
ability to make changes to the new record image or to cancel the update by
sending an
escape message.  I am not sure what exactly happens under the covers but the
sequence
is:

UPDATE  FILE(program)  --> *before trigger program --> {if no escape msg}
actual file
update --> *after trigger program