  • Subject: Slightly off-topic, humour,ISource, and TeleConferences
  • From: mcrump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 06:59:41 -0500

Couple of items.  For those that don't use it or don't know about ISource
can be a halfway
decent source of information from IBM - high level kind of stuff but it can
useful.  For example, this weeks edition has information on some future
scheduled teleconferences.  I'll try to include the registration info for
ISource.

Back to the teleconferences.  IBM did give an erroneous number to register
for the teleconferences that I did call.  Imagine my suprise when expecting
a helpful teleconference operator, the phone was answered by a sultry voice
that was peddling phone sex.  Is this the new IBM?  First they start
selling shirts and now this!

They did correct the number fairly quickly but it was worth a good laugh.

The teleconference information (correct) is as follows:

CORRECTION:  AS/400e Teleconference Schedule
  An incorrect phone number appeared in the following "Focusing on You
  News Digest" article.  We deeply regret the error and inconvenience
  it may have caused you.  The correct phone number is shown below.

  Last week we told you about the exciting U.S. coast-to-coast
  IBM AS/400e* seminar schedule.  Now, the teleconference schedule
  has been finalized.   For an in-depth look at the solutions shown
  at the seminars and a new view of the latest AS/400e announcements,
  please join us for one or more of these "Lunch and Learn"
  teleconferences.   All begin at 1:30 p.m. eastern time and last
  approximately one hour.

  - February 24:  Java** is Real for Business on the AS/400
    (code 417030)
  - February 26:  Implementing Windows** NT on the AS/400
    (code 417100)
  - March 3:  What's New in '98 for AS/400 Data Warehouse
    (code 417107)
  - March 5:  AS/400e Java Technology
    (code 417014)
  - March 10:  Net.Commerce* for the AS/400
    (code 417976)
  - March 12:  Domino** for AS/400
    (code 417019)
  - March 17:  The Road to Java
    (code 416981)

  Call 800-289-0579 to enroll.  Please give the above code and mention
  the "Focusing on You News Digest" when you call.  For more details
  on the seminars and teleconferences, visit our Web site at:
    http://www.as400.ibm.com/usa/showcase.htm

Registration info for ISource is as follows:

with the word HELP for a list of e-mail instructions.

Michael Crump
Technical Project Leader