  • Subject: Re: CAw95 tcp/ip message CWBLM0006 (license system not available (?) )
  • From: "Guillermo Andrades" <Gab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:40:47 +0100

To: Mike Shaw and Vernon Hamberg

in qstrup i run STRHOSTSVR SERVER(*ALL).
but the problem with "license" is not every day.
also sometimes i can't obtain a 5250 session but none messages!
but other days i don't have problems....

STRHOSTSVR SERVER(*CENTRAL *SIGNON)
are included in "All"
the only problem is the report of PWS300D (Can't start IPX)

my qstrup is

     QSYS/STRSBS SBSD(QINTER)
     MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
     QSYS/STRSBS SBSD(QBATCH)
     MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
     QSYS/STRSBS SBSD(QCMN)
     MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
     QSYS/STRSBS SBSD(QSERVER)
     MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
  /* ------TCP/IP 23.6.97------ */
     STRTCP
     MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(DO)
            SNDMSG MSG('--> STR HOST error IPL') TOUSR(*SYSOPR)
            ENDDO
     DLYJOB DLY(30)
     STRHOSTSVR SERVER(*ALL)
     MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(DO)
            SNDMSG MSG('--> STR HOST error IPL') TOUSR(*SYSOPR)
            ENDDO
     DLYJOB DLY(30)
     STRTCPPTP  CFGPRF(DIALIN) AUTODLTCFG(*NO)
     MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000 CPD0000) EXEC(DO)
            SNDMSG MSG('--> DIAL-S error IPL') TOUSR(*SYSOPR)
            ENDDO

the command "C:\WINDOWS>cwbping namc01.namc.com ip" reports
        Port Mapper fails ("Ha fallado", in spanish)

but PING to the AS/400 works (and other telnet programs works)

my AS/400 V3R2 (CISC), last ServicePack loaded.

____________________
Guillermo Andrades
CPI, Madrid

----------
From: Mike Shaw <mikeshaw@wco.com>
Vern,

The licence system is part of the Host Servers functionality residing on
the AS/400.  Have you tried:

 STRHOSTSVR SERVER(*CENTRAL *SIGNON)

In our daily vary on program I run STRHOSTSVR SERVER(*ALL) as the last
item.  This tends to minimize connectivity issues and other odd behavioral
issues via Client Access.

Another tool to see what Host Server functions are started is the Client
Access CWBPING on the PC.  When it runs it provides the following
information of which Host Servers are active.

C:\WINDOWS>cwbping namc01.namc.com ip

IBM AS/400 Client Access for Windows 95
Version 3  Release 1  Level 1

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation and Others 1984, 1995.  All rights rese
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclos
 estricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

[167.160.128.50]
pinging server Port Mapper successful
pinging server as-central successful