From: Buck Calabro <mcalabro@commsoft.net>
To: 'Midrange-l@midrange.com' <Midrange-l@midrange.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 1998 11:03 AM
Subject: Page definitions/form definitions

Is anybody using PSF/400 page and form definitions?  I have a need to print
graphic logo's, pie charts, boxes and shading all on the same bill.  All the
elements are floating, and I need to do 2-UP landscape printing for the
"detail" pages, and 1-UP portrait printing for the "summary" (front) page.

With DDS, I can print the logo's with PAGSEG, but I can't rotate them to
landscape.  The pie charts can be handled with GDF, and the boxes with LINE
and BOX.  Shading is a puzzler: do I use a PAGSEG that is, say, 50% grey
screen?  The floating element requirement means that I have to calculate how
far down the page everything I print falls, including "normal" text:  If I
print 3 lines at 6lpi, I accumulate .5 inches so I know where the graphical
elements can go.

DDS won't allow me to easily to N-UP printing, but FORMDF has N-UP as a
parameter...  thus my question!

Anybody got any hints?

Buck Calabro
Commsoft, Albany, NY