  • Subject: Re: CA400 pc5250 problems.
  • From: Richard Baird <rbbaird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 13:58:15 -0500

Pete Hall wrote:
> >I now get a message "PCSERR200 - WinExec failed  D:\Program Files\IBM\Client
>Access\Emulator\PCSCM.EXE Out of memory. Close one or
>
> Rick,
>
> I've seen odd behavior a few times and corrected it by uninstalling CA,
>cleaning all references to it out of the registry (there are usually a few
>left - search for IBM and Netsoft - watch out, there are a couple of IBMs in
>there that aren't related to CA), deleting the \Program Files\IBM directory,
>and then reinstalling CA and the latest service pack.>>

Pete,

Funny you should say that, but that's just what I did late last nite, after
exhausting all other avenues.

the whole problem started when I wanted to move the install to another disk
partition (the boot partition was getting full), so
after uninstall, I deleted the old directory structure that was left behind.

after re-install (and all the problems), I started poking around in the
registry, and found that about 80% of the registry items for
\IBM\ were pointing to \RECYCLER\... paths????  I guess because I deleted the
old directories or something.

I started fixing them and after about 100 or so entrys, I gave up and
re-un-installed.  Most of the registry entries were gone by
then, so I only had a few left to delete.  I didn't think about netsoft, but we
don't use that router anyway.

long (5 hours) story short, after the 3 re-re-install, I got it right.

I hate poking around in the registry - I already have a reputation around here
of being able to make my P2 266mz 64mg PC run like a
386-33mz after only a few weeks.

I look at a pc crooked and it reboots :)

Thanks for the response though,

Rick