  • Subject: RE: SQL string conversion
  • From: Andrew Sereda <avs@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 10:17:02 +0200

Dave
After tring to use function ZONED (e. g. select ZONED('123') ... from ... or
 select * from ... where ZONED('123')>0 ) I got error
message :

 Message . . . . :   ZONED use not valid.
 Cause . . . . . :   A nonnumeric operand has been specified for the arithmetic
   function or operator ZONED. The function or operator requires numeric
   operands.  The operand of DIGITS can be any numeric type except
   floating-point.
 Recovery  . . . :   Ensure all operands of function or operator ZONED are
   numeric.  If the function is DIGITS, ensure the argument is not
   floating-point.  Correct the operands.  Try the request again.
So I can not use ZONED for SQL string conversion.
Also from Book-DB2/400 SQL Reference V3R1
         3.2.51  ZONED
You can see
 The ZONED function returns a zoned decimal representation of a number.
The first argument must be a number

Andrew Sereda
First Ukrainian International Bank