  • Subject: Re: Re:From Query TO Query Mngmt Query
  • From: Jromeh <Jromeh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 10:12:30 EST

Catherine asked...

>>I need to know how to get from a query to a query management query.  I know
>>that I need the query defn from the query as source to generate a query
>>management query but how do I set this up.  All the commands assume that I
>>already have a query management query.  Tried each of these commands and
>>nothing quite did what I wanted.  What am I missing.

and Buck responded...

>o You need to create a source file to hold the QM Query source: QQMQRYSRC
>o RTVQMQRY to that source file with the member named the same as the 400
>query

Umm... believe this command is the one that needs the ALWQRYDFN(*YES) parm

Also, the QQMQRYSRC file should be created with length of _91_ !

>o Edit your source as needed
>o CRTQMQRY using the (modified) source

>To process the query, STRQMQRY QMQRY(MYQM)  ALWQRYDFN(*YES).

Believe this command does not support it (but it might, can't check right
now...)

>This will use your QM Query for the SQL statement, and use the 400
>Query for the formatting.  If you have a need to modify the formatting
>as well, you can:

>o Create a source file to hold the QM Form source: QQMFORMSRC
>o RTVQMFORM to that file with the member named the same as the 400 query

This command also supports the ALWQRYDFN(*YES) parm

>o Edit your source as needed (Good luck!)

Another approach is to use F13 from within the QMQRY to create a new form
and put together similar formatting from scratch with the QRY-like prompts

>o CRTQMFORM using the modified source

>To process this query, STRQMQRY QMQRY(MYQM) QMFORM(*QMQRY)
>This will use your QM Query for the SQL and your QM Form for the
>formatting.

HTH,

/* Jerome Hughes                        jromeh@aol.com                 */
/* InterPro Consulting Services         www.interproinc.com            */
/* Rosemont IL USA                      these are my own opinions only */
/* OMNI User Communications Director    www.omniuser.org               */
People under time pressure don't work better; they just work faster.
-- DeMarco and Lister, Peopleware, Dorset House, 1987