  • Subject: Inventory Management Software
  • From: Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 10:40:57 -0500

We're looking for inventory management software, preferably on the
AS/400.  We're currently using the DMAS II Inventory Management
application ported from the S/36 many years ago, "nativized", and
_heavily_ modified.

By "inventory management" I mean all the usual things that go with
buying, including analyzing movement/demand by item and vendor lines,
various ordering frequencies, profit contribution, vendor performance,
and suggested PO's that the buyer can modify, accept, and then be
exported to our PO writing application.

This is the next to last app to be made Year 2000 compliant.  We'd like
to have more capabilities available to us and thought now is the time to
do it.  I'm aware of the E-3 Associates offering which looks good, but
costs in excess of $70,000 from what I've been told.

Can anyone tell me what is working well for you?  We'd prefer AS/400
based, but it could be Win95 based as long as it was networkable and the
transfer of data from our AS/400 files into the Win95 files could be
automated.

Thanks for any info.

--
-Jeff