• Subject: RPG II / OCL Conversion
  • From: "Marc Zylka" <mzylka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 23:04:47 -0500

O.K, so here I am trying to figure out how much RPG II and OCL
source to modify to incorporate a new plant.  There are quite a few
files, specific to plant, where 1 character of the file is the plant letter.

So, I'm thinking.  This would be many times easier as native, externally
described files where the plant is part of the key.   Where I can
eliminate the use of switches to determine which printer file statement
to use.  Where I can have a field reference file.  And so on and so on.

I was given the phone number for Applied Logic.  Their product,
Native Conversion System, does conversions.  Anyone have any
opinions about this product?  I do realise it won't do everything and
that I'll have to rewrite the process flow to bring it in line with
current methods.

Is there anything better?

Thanks,
Marc Zylka (mzylka@netpath.net)